Friday, March 04, 2011

SVN plug-in problems

Hi guys, we are moving our Domino applications to SVN and everything going really well except one thing.
We are having problems with elements that really do not modified but during synchronization they get new values (look on image). It is major problem for us, because applications have many design elements and most of them often get news values (modified, noteid etc) and then we are not able to determine what elements were really changed.
We do have workaround: do 1 more step and apply XSLT approch on exported elements and just remove these Noteinfo, modified, lastaccessed etc tags, but that is not the really correct way.

Does anybody know solution for that? If you use SVN - how you live with that?

3 comments :

Unknown said...

Hi, regarding your question in http://blog.youatnotes.de/web/youatnotes/blog-jb.nsf/dx/upcoming-article-about-version-control-with-domino-designer-in-the-view.htm?opendocument&comments#03052011011009AMDOM28E.htm I'm afraid I cannot add real value here; we have applications with al lot design elements, too, but we don't experience this kind of problem.

When I do a commit the SVN plugin normally only commits the design elements that really have been changed.
However, occasionally I saw something like you described, that for example all script libraries are committed, too. But in our case that me by caused by a recompile-all from a collegue.

Unknown said...

I would email Maureen with this.

Dmytro said...

thanks. there are couple more minor issues I would like to share. May I send it to you somehow?